Thursday, July 24, 2014

Daily Life

     So, here's a thought: there is a skeleton inside everyone of us. But, that skeleton is pretty easy to see in some of the kids at clinic. Also, I realized that most people reading my blog (the few of you that exist...) probably don't know what I do on a daily routine so, ready?
     *I wake up to the sound of cars honking/dogs barking/children's voices - - no alarm clock needed, ever.
     *I get off the air-mattress and collect my water bottle to go brush my teeth.
     *I eat some toast, get dressed in a skirt and t-shirt, gather my journal and write for about 20 minutes.
     *I go rinse off my face (first time) to get the dust and sweat off
     * On clinic days, I now go outside and hop on the back of a motorcycle  and take a ride
          --on clinic days, I then sit for anywhere from 5-8 hours seeing sick children and internally cry
     *Around 3 pm, I wash my face for the second time and I become instantly twice as pale
     *If I want to shave, it's around now and I take a baby wipe and a razor and go at it--I once again turn from tan to pale in about 5 minutes
     *Around now, my body tells me I'm tired so I fight to stay awake (sometimes I don't win . . . )
     * It's now about 5:30, I've probably eaten dinner/lunch (it's the same meal here) and I'm about to shower --third time I've washed my face
     *Now it's anywhere from 6pm onward and I'll start my skyping, blogging, picture updating, processing the day, trying not to cry, talking with Liz/Becca, and watching toddler Tally wonder around
     *9 pm hits and bedtime has finally arrived
        --I grab my water bottle and go and brush my teeth again and wash my face for the final time
     * And now? My favorite part of the day: I turn the fan on in my room and breath a sigh of relief as I feel the air breath across my tired body.

     Well, there you have it. That's my day and I'm so sure I've left so much out . . . my sincerest apologies but I can't remember everything but everything that would be weird to an American just seems normal to me now.
     I hope everyone is doing splendidly,
xxLeah

P.s: the photo is just a photo of me with Louissa and her siblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment