Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Oh, Look Mom, A Blanc!


     Well, let me tell you, if you're going to have malaria and throw up you might as well do it in the Caribbean ocean. The photos you see are from today and it was marvelous. Well, the first hour and thirty minutes were great and then my body quit. But even when I was feeling crappy, the view was drop dead gorgeous. It's so easy to forget that Haiti is in the Caribbean and truly is marvelously beautiful.

   
     I got to ride in a rustic boat and swim in turquoise waters while being turned red by the sun. The Haitians loved talking to us because we're white girls in the ocean--so basically we stood out like a shark in a kiddie pool.

As you can tell in the foot photo, I got some tan today! The Haitian housekeeper/best-person-ever was laughing at my tan and when I explained I got burnt because I'm white, she laughed and said "no, now you're pink!".  Well yes, now I am pink.
     I'm just glad that today was amazing and I got the chance to relax and spend the day at the ocean:)

 I hope you guys had as fabulous a day as me . . . except that's not possible so good luck trying!

xxLeah    


No comments:

Post a Comment