Saturday, July 19, 2014

"Some people are worth melting for . . . "

     You recognize the quote? It's from the movie Frozen. If you don't, don't sweat it. But if you do, then you'll understand the feeling I've experienced today all thanks to the little girl in the photo (Louissa).
     A smile makes everything better, right? Right. And Louissa's smile? That makes everything seem right. Louissa is one of five children and beyond believably sweet. How did she come to the house today? I pinkie-promised her mother yesterday (and as we all know, a pinkie promise is as good as crossing-your-heart-and-hoping-to-die--pretty much infallible) to bring her today. So, picture this: me stumbling into the kitchen this morning for coffee when I was beautifully assaulted by Louissa's smile and a solid 5-minute hug. Yup, I didn't need coffee then because she was just as good.
     That was almost 12 hours ago and Louissa's smile is still going strong.
     And you know what? I think that Louissa was much needed today. I've been mentally and emotionally stressed the last few days and Louissa was the heart-adjustment that I've been subconsciously craving but too afraid to voice. I'm thankful that I've gotten to spend the day simply enjoying her presence. It's funny because she brought me a letter from the last time we hung out saying that she loved me. Just like that. She loved me. No conditions, no exceptions. Why don't we love like that in America? Does it really take extreme poverty, death, hopelessness, and so much else just to bring out the simple emotion of love? Maybe. But I don't think so. I think in America we get caught up in the whirlwind of possessions and forget basic humanity. Or maybe we just shove down the 'loveable/vulnerable' side of humanity and we bring to the forefront the constant desire for "more". Either way, we forget to say 'I love you'. So, here's a challenge for you readers: before going to bed, tell someone important in your life that you love them. You know what? You might've had a massive fight with them today. That's okay. Just let them know that you care about them and you're thankful for them.
     Hope everyone feels warm fuzzes tonight,
xxLeah

****Do you remember Brisley?? If not, please check out my blog from July 15!!!! I've launched a fundraising campaign and would love it if you would consider donating. If you have questions about it, feel free to leave a question in the comment section or email me at: loswald1@vols.utk.edu.
To donate, copy&paste the link: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/2p8Cd 
Also, please share this with as many people as you know. Please!****

No comments:

Post a Comment